The French National Day is annually held on 14th July since 1880. It is an eagerly anticipated public holiday always marked with some extraordinary events, activities and numbers. Here are some of them:
1. The reported total cost of the Eiffel Tower fireworks show is about €750.000 this year. And while the fireworks itself cost €350.000, all the rest was spent on covering staging, staff and security expenses (data produced by the Mairie de Paris).
2. The traditional Fireman’s Balls (Bals des Pompiers) were set up at about 40 fire stations of Paris and its neighborhoods. The balls are usually held within two days on 13th and 14th July.
3. For the 5th consecutive year a big classical music concert, given by the Orchestre national de France et le Chœur and the la Maîtrise de Radio France, is held on the Champ-de-Mars.
4. 4.000 soldiers marched along the Champs-Élysées during the military parade.
5. Delegations from 76 countries took part in the military parade.
6. About 11.000 policemen were deputed to ensure public security during the festive events in the capital.